Here is the finished Video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWLTXkmdsRk&feature=youtu.be
I'm pretty happy with everything up until the very last scene. I could not get the timing right at all and it looks all jumpy. I played around with the timing for hours but this is the best I got it to. I recon its because He moves pretty slowly. You can get away with more when the subject is moving quicker with things like that.
I'm very happy with the opening for both characters. I love the expressions of them too, I successfully brought out the characters in with the facial expressions and movements. Lip syncing was pretty easy and I recon it looks pretty believable. The eye movement were really fun to play with. I did all the expressions and face tweeking last, and really brings the whole thing to life!
As for the movement itself, I think its pretty natural. I do think it may have it bit too much movement in there for it to be completely natural. But I did go for a more exaggerated look to everything so I guess it works! I tried figuring arcs and curves out but its so difficult in 3D, not having a reference or onion skinning function.
Overall, I'm happy with my first attempt at properly animating in 3D. I do think i need to consider timing alot more and how people stay still in poses at times. I need to think about how body parts react other parts moving. As i learn more features of maya, i'm sure things will become easier for me. Maybe there is a stabilizer or arc function...
But for now, I'm pretty chuffed with this!
No comments:
Post a Comment